Head of the Department
Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-0230-9741
RESEARCHER ID: G-6284-2011
Phone: 8 (0352) 23-60-29, 47-50-50*16-129
About the Department
Education in the area of information technologies at the University has objective pre-conditions, history of formation and development perspectives.
Department of Computer Sciences was founded in 2000. Since then, the Department graduates Bachelors and Masters in specialty 121 "Software Engineering".
From year to year, the department actively develops due to productive work of its staff. The lecturers of department not only learn new methods of teaching, that allow to maximally activate the process of creative comprehension of educational practical material by students, but also, actively work in a scientific research area.
Since 2003, postgraduate study under supervision of M.P. Dyvak functions in two specialties: 01.05.02 "Mathematical modeling and computational methods” (technical sciences); 08.00.11 "Mathematical methods, models and information technologies in economy”. They create opportunities for continuous training of the specialists in "Software Engineering". In 2016, these specialties were supplemented by specialty 121 "Software Engineering”.
Scientific work of the Department
Directions of scientific research of Department’s scientists:
• Mathematical macro modeling of complex objects and processes based on analysis of interval data.
• Development of methods and tools for identification of mathematical models of static and dynamic objects.
• Optimization of complex computational procedures of algorithms realization.
• Intelligent data analysis.
• Creation of the web-oriented software systems.
• Optimization of web-resources with the purpose of increasing their attendance.
• Development of cross-platform mobile applications.
Scientific and research projects of the Department:
• "Collaboration between Ukraine and Romania in the area of distributed systems (COBURDIS)”: 2006-2007, State registration № 0106U005307, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak, ¬– joint Ukrainian-Romanian project with the West University of Timisoara, Romania.
• "Development of theoretical bases of hardware and software for researching and modeling of wide class of objects by the methods of interval data analysis based on distributive measuring-controlling network”: 2003-2004, State registration № 0103U005903, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak, – joint Ukrainian-Chinese project with the department of automation, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
• "Mathematical tools and software for classification of tissues in surgical wounds during surgery on the neck organs": 2017-2018, State registration № 0117U000410, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Mathematical tools and software for controlling the air pollution from vehicles": 2016-2018, State registration № 0116U005507, scientific supervisor is I.F. Voytyuk.
• "Theory of building and methods for realization of real-time interdisciplinary mathematical models of change of the complex objects state”: 2014-2015, State registration № 0114U000569, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Information technology for identification and visualization of recurrent laryngeal nerve in the process of thyroid surgery”: 2011-2012, State registrations № 0112U000078, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Mathematical methods, interval models and information technologies for control of atmosphere pollution by motor vehicles”: 2010-2011, State registration № 0110U001125, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Methods, hardware and software tools for researching and modeling of the non-stationary distributed objects based on interval data": 2006-2008, State registration № 0106U000529, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Mathematical tools and software for complex systems in the conditions of structural and parametric uncertainty": 2017-2021, State registration № 0117U000145, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Macro-modeling of complex systems and processes in the conditions of structural uncertainty based on inaccurate data”: 2012-2016, State registration № 0111U010356, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Methods and tools for mathematical modeling of complex systems based on set-theoretic and interval approaches”: 2007-2011, State registration № 0106U012529, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Development of theoretical bases, algorithms and software for modeling of technical, ecological and economic systems based on interval data analysis”: 2002-2006, State registration № 0101U002565, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak.
• "Improvement of software system for support of administrative services Center of the Ternopil City Council”: October 2017 - December 2017, State registration № 0117U008833, scientific supervisor is A.V. Pukas, customer is the Ternopil City Council.
• "Functionality Expansion of the software system for support of administrative services Center of the Ternopil City Council”: September 2016 - December 2016, State registration № 0116U008541, scientific supervisor is A.V. Pukas, customer is the Ternopil City Council.
• "Web-oriented software system for support of administrative services Center of the Ternopil City Council”: September 2015 – December 2015, State registration № 0115U004825, scientific supervisor is A.V. Pukas, customer is the Ternopil City Council.
• "Macro-modeling of soils quality as object with the distributed parameters in the conditions of interval uncertainty”: July 2014 - December 2015, State registration № 0114U006089, scientific supervisor is A.V. Pukas, customer is entrepreneur A.I. Madiudia.
• "Distributed system for control of technological process of drywall production”: December 2012 - June 2013, State registration № 0112U003917, scientific supervisor is A.V. Pukas, customer is PE "Ukrainian drywall systems”.
• "Methods and tools for tests generating using the ontology theory”: May 2011 - October 2011, State registration № 0111U006279, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak, customer is the Ivano-Frankivsk branch of Open International University of Human Development "Ukraine”.
• "Development of the method of discrete dynamic model identification based on interval data for control of bakery products sales process”: September 2005 - June 2006, State registration № 0306U003833, scientific supervisor is M.P. Dyvak, customer - PE O.A. Pypa.
New scientific and practical results, obtained by researchers of the Department are approved and published in International and National professional publications and various conferences. Over 100 of teachers’ publications are indexed in the global databases: Web of Science and Scopus.
Students also actively conduct scientific work. The results of such activities are annual victories in the All-Ukrainian competition of student scientific works in different sections within the profile of the Department.
The learning process is provided by 27 persons, including:
• 3 Doctors of Sciences, including 2 Professors and 1 Associate Professor;
• 15 Candidates of Sciences, including 11 Associate Professors;
• 9 lecturers and assistants, including 3 part-time employees.
For the university entrant about specialty "Software Engineering"
Today, there is no sphere of human activity that doesn’t use computers. It is impossible to imagine the system of state administration, banking system, systems of financial security, medicine, transport and environmental monitoring systems without the use of information technologies and computers. The problems of informatization and computerization require complex approach to development of main components of informatics and computing equipment that are computer sciences, software engineering, hardware engineering and information systems. Among the indicated components of informatics and computing equipment industry, the perspective one is software engineering. In close future, it will have substantial influence on development of information technologies industry in Ukraine. It is confirmed by the following facts. First, the trend of rapid increase in number of ІТ-companies in software development moving of their orders from the capital to other regions, and opening new subdivisions in these regions. In particular, the process of globalization conduced to appearance of large quantity of outsourcing companies at the Ukrainian IT market. Such companies involve Ukrainian specialists in software engineering in their projects. Secondly, high profitability of software development companies and relatively low competition level because, usually, every company finds its niche in this sphere.
Very important fact about training students in "Software Engineering" is collaboration between the Department and industrial software development companies, in particular, possibility of student and staff internships. Another important fact about students training quality is the access to licensed Microsoft software.
At the Department of Computer Science, students training is carried out at three levels: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and Doctor of Philosophy.
8 A.Chekhov Street, 46003, Ternopil, Ukraine,
TNEU Building #6, room 6405.
Phone: 8 (0352) 23-60-29, 47-50-50*16-129
Department website: http://dcs.tneu.edu.ua/