Interim Head of the Department
About the Department
There are 17 scientific and pedagogical workers at the department, including 5 Сandidates of Sciences, 3 Associate Professors.
The activity of the department is carried out in three directions:
• development of higher achievements sports (preparation of high-level athletes);
• development of mass sports (preparation of students for participation in internal sporting events of an educational institution and regional student competitions);
• introduction and popularization of the latest health programmes.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES:
The main objectives of the Department of Physical Culture and Sports are:
• creating conditions for combining university education and student training, in particular, for participation in European and world championships;
• forming the basics of theoretical knowledge, practical and methodical skills of physical education in the student youth;
• providing a proper level of development for the physical, motor abilities, employment capabilties and skills in the student youth;
• promoting the development of professional, ideological and civic qualities;
• preparing students for participation in various sporting events;
• promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Теl.: 47-50-50, internal 10-701
Department website: http://fks.tneu.edu.ua
SPORT AEROBICS AND FITNESS
| Boxing. Section coach is Volodymyr Matsek. Classes are held in the
boxing hall at 4 Lvivska street. Schedule: Monday - Friday from 16:00 to 21:00.
| Volleyball (male). Classes are held in TNEU Building No. 5 at 8 Chekhova
street. Coach – Valentyna Kovpak.
| Handball (male). The section coach is Oleksii Huk. Classes are held in gym
№1 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 20:00. The best athletes take part in the
competitions of the Higher League of the Ukrainian Championship in the