Head of the International Economic Relations Department
Dr. of Economic Sciences, Professor
Internal phone: 11-207
Internal phone: 11-207
Department of International Economic Relations
The Department of International Economic Relations was established in 2017 in pursuance of the order № 539 dated August 30, 2017 by renaming the Department of International Management and Marketing to the Department of International Economic Relations. The Department of International Economic Relations is a graduate of the specialty 292 "International Economic Relations", which includes such educational programs as "International Management" and "International Marketing".
The teaching staff, which formed the basis of the Department of International Economic Relations, has 23 people. The qualitative composition of the Department of International Economic Relations has 1 Doctor of Economic Sciences, 16 PhDs, 13 Associate Professors, 2 Senior Lecturers and 7 Lecturers.
Under the guidance of O.M. Sokhatska Department has improved its quantitative and qualitative composition. OlenaSokhatska is a constant initiator of the development of new areas of research, the introduction of innovative technologies into the educational process. Indeed, in today's globalizing and integration processes that are increasingly taking place in the world, requirements for the training of skilled professionals capable to work effectively in the international business environment and in the international financial markets are growing significantly. All this requires systematic and comprehensive study of the basics of marketing, marketing commodity and pricing policies both in domestic and foreign markets, marketing communications policy, international marketing, international management, information systems and technologies in marketing and management, financial engineering, fundamental and technical analysis, investment evaluation, investment design and real options, in foreign languages too.
In this context, particular attention is paid to the selection and formation of the teaching staff of the department, capable of continuous learning and development in order to fulfill the tasks. Therefore, the lecturers of the department apply their knowledge in practice, providing consulting, developing various business projects and conducting trainings for business representatives, enabling them to work effectively with students, developing their certain practical skills.
In addition, the lecturers of the department take an active part in various Ukrainian and International scientific-practical conferences, round tables, seminars, publish their works in domestic and foreign publications.
The staff of the department at the appropriate level prepares students for the chosen specialties, which is confirmed by their repeated victory at the university and All-Ukrainian competitions of student's scientific works and olympiads in the specialties "Marketing" and "Management of foreign economic activity".
The staff of the department closely cooperates with the students, helps them in writing scientific papers, diploma projects, in organizing leisure activities, motivates them to study, encourages appearances at various conferences, helps in finding internships and employment.
With the purpose of activating student's scientific work at the department, the obligatory publication and approbation of the results of their own research for the master's degree of the students has been introduced.
At the Department of International Economic Relations there are scientific groups on management, marketing and foreign languages, where students have the opportunity to improve their knowledge, improve research skills and become acquainted with the activities of successful companies, not only by means of speaking with business representatives, but also by means of engaging in joint projects .
In order to improve their skills and familiarize themselves with the new methods of teaching, the lecturers of the department constantly undergo internships at various enterprises and in foreign educational establishments and institutions, in particular in the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Poland.
The Department of International Economic Relations participates in the Erasmus + program together with the University of Applied Sciences in Incholland (The Netherlands), which makes it possible to organize a selection of students for semester studies annually.
The training of specialists in the chosen specialties includes not only the study of two foreign languages, but also the teaching of a part of the disciplines in English by the teachers of the department, as well as by the teachers of partner universities from Denmark and the Netherlands. The Department of International Economic Relations participates in the Erasmus + program together with the University of Applied Sciences in Incholland (The Netherlands), which provides an opportunity annually to organize a selection of students for semester training in the partner university.
The staff of the department provides teaching of 57 disciplines. The lecturers of the department constantly prepare and improve the methodological support of the educational process, including the use of technical means.
All lectures, practical classes are conducted with the use of multimedia technology, preference is given tothe independent work of students, with appropriate methodological support - implementation and presentation of group projects, discussions, etc. It is a common practice to conduct joint practical classes with Incholland University students on-line via video conferencing.
Takingintoaccounttherealitiesoftime, namely, theaccessionofUkrainetotheBolognaeducationalspaceandtheinclusionofthedepartmentinBohdan Havrylyshyn Education and Research Institute of International Economic Relations, theconceptualfoundationsofthedepartmentdevelopmentareasfollows:
- orientation of execution of the most important tasks of state policy at the state and regional levels - reproduction of the intellectual potential of society;
- the concept of the development of the department is based on the main provisions of the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education", the Statutes of Ternopil National Economic University, industry standards of higher education in the direction of training "International Economic Relations", takes into account the need for a radical restructuring of the training system for senior managers on the path of successive implementation of Common European Standards for MBA, set out in the "Principles of the European Standard MBA (EQUAL);
- the concept of the department envisages further continuous improvement of the curricula for the preparation of masters with the aim of their organic adaptation to similar programs of European education, primarily through cooperation with partner universities of Bohdan Havrylyshyn Education and Research Institute of International Economic Relations and through new joint projects with universities of the EU countries;
- the concept of the department provides the active cooperation with business as a partner, not only to train highly qualified personnel, but also to carry out consulting activities, to execute specific orders through the conclusion of self-financing transactions;
- the concept of the department is aimed at creation of new master's programs within the framework of international specialties, to answer the needs of the labor market;
- the concept of the department is focused on the training of specialists whose diplomas will be recognized by Europe, whose knowledge and skills will enable them to compete successfully not only within the country but also outside the country with similar specialists, for which it is planned to use the exchange programs of students actively with universities in Europe, the USA for training and manufacturing practice.
The implementation of these conceptual foundations takes place in the following areas:
Ø improvement of the staff of the department;
Ø development of a scientific school;
Ø preparation and continuous improvement of the teaching and methodological support of the educational process, including the use of technical means;
Ø establishment and development of computer network of the department.